Events Around Routt County:
May is Preservation Month!
Established in 1973, this national event helps promote historic places for the purpose of instilling community pride, promoting heritage tourism, and showing the social and economic benefits of historic preservation. Historic Routt County, the Tread of Pioneers Museum, Main Street Steamboat Springs, and the City of Steamboat Springs’ Historic Preservation Commission are partnering to celebrate Preservation Month with a number of fun and educational events. We hope you’ll join us!
This Place Matters Campaign
“This Place Matters” is a national campaign that encourages people to celebrate the places that are meaningful to them and to their communities.
Everyone has a place they care about. A place that matters. So tell us: What place matters to you? To participate:
- Pick a place that matters. There are no limits or restrictions: anywhere in Routt County.
- Download and print a This Place Matters sign from or visit the Historic Routt County/Main Street Steamboat office to pick up a sign.
- Snap a photo of yourself with the This Places Matters sign at the place you’ve selected and tell us why.
- Share your photo on social media using the #thisplacematters and #steamboatsnaps hashtags or Email your photo and caption to email@example.com and we’ll share it for you!
- At the end of May, select photos will be part of a “This Place Matters” exhibit at the Tread of Pioneers Museum.
The Power of Heritage & Place: An Evening with Dana Crawford
Monday, May 20, 2019
5:30pm at the Chief Theater (813 Lincoln Ave., Steamboat Springs)
Join us for a special presentation by Dana Crawford, notable preservationist, developer and winner of the Governor’s Citizenship Medal, the highest honor bestowed upon Colorado citizens for their contributions to the vitality of our state.
HRC Annual Meeting
Thursday, May 30, 2019
5:30 – 7:30 pm
Depot Art Center: 1001 13th St. Steamboat Springs
Join us in celebration of Historic Routt County’s 20th Anniversary and the many preservation initiatives in our community, past, present, and future. Congratulations to Jan Kaminski, recipient of the 2019 Preservation Leadership Award.
A buffet dinner will be served following the program. Cash bar. Please consider bringing a potluck dessert item to share, though it is not required.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-875-1305